Senior Structural Engineer
Full time, permanent position: £36,000 - £50,000 a year
Giraffe Engineering is a dynamic and growing team of structural engineers working on a diverse range of challenging projects, always expanding our horizons, exploring new ways of delivering the best outcome for our clients and pushing the envelope on low carbon solutions and efficient structural design.
We have the opportunity to take on a new senior structural engineer to join us on this adventure; to help deliver our growing project portfolio, and to be a part of shaping the future direction of the firm.
The role will include:
- Taking ownership of a wide range of projects at all scales from domestic alterations to large commercial developments,
- Attending site visits and design team meetings and developing your own professional relationships with a network of clients and designers,
- Carrying out structural analysis in timber, masonry, steel, and concrete as well as exploring the use of non-traditional structural materials,
- Producing clear and comprehensive technical drawings in CAD, on PDF and by hand,
- Producing structural calculations to Eurocodes using first principles and multiple software tools,
- Supporting junior team members to help with the delivery of project designs and drawings.
As the ideal candidate for this job:
- You are chartered or nearly chartered with the IStructE or ICE,
- You are highly motivated to succeed and passionate about structural engineering and low carbon design,
- You are able to balance the needs of multiple projects and have good independent working discipline,
- You have broad practical experience delivering projects on a variety of scales from concept design through detailed design and construction,
- You are able to exercise your engineering judgement to find simple and efficient solutions.
We’re a tight knit team on a mission to forge a fun and vibrant company culture that we’re all proud to be part of. Other benefits of coming to work with us include:
- (Very!) flexible working hours and flexible working location - part time home working optional,
- Relaxed company culture with minimal bureaucracy,
- Great opportunities for career progression as part of our growing team,
- Regular team social activities (when covid allows!),
- Team based performance bonuses twice yearly up to 10% of salary.
If you are interested in applying or finding out more about this role, please email email@example.com, or give us a call on 01249 704524.